Kyle, by Terri (Hickory, NC)
My oldest son, Kyle, 24 years old, died of an overdose from the drug, Fentanyl, on June 15th 2012. My story is almost identical to Laura's story of her son, Shawn. Kyle decided to try injecting the gel from the patch which he went to sleep and never woke up again, in March, he tried heroin for the first time and he went down hill from there. He was the most handsome, loving, physically strong person Ive known, everyone loved him and he always was there to uplift you in times of despair, he left behind the most beautiful 7 year old little girl in the world. He had a big heart and could give the best bear hugs you could ever get. I took him to rehab and he would stay for a week, then he would check himself out, and go back to the same old friends and ways. My youngest son, 21 years old, helped him to bed the last time anyone ever saw Kyle, but it wasn't anything unusual that he hadnt had to do before. I am heartbroken forever, he would have been scared to death to know he was breathing his last breath. I am angry, I am sick, I visit the cemetary 3 to 5 times a week and beg God to take me also. My life has changed forever and if I could help these kids out there today, I would, so no other parent or sibling or child has to go through this loss in their lives. I loved him so much and he knew that, he always took his frustrations out on me because you do that to the ones you love most, I will never get over this and I will mourn the loss of my oldest precious son forever.