My Son Jason
by Brenda McCoy
On 3/16/14, my 22 year old son passed from an accidental heroin overdose. It has been just about a month and I don't believe I've even excepted yet. He had been struggling with this addiction for a little over 2 years. He was clean for 7 months. Then I got that call, the one you hoped you would never get. His dad found him in the bathroom. I'm devastated and still feel like this is a dream. I'm working on finding ways to cope. So that is where I'm at this moment. My feelings are all over the place right now. All I know is this is the worst pain. If I could take away the pain of every parent who ever lost a child and hold it for them, I would. Because it couldn't possibly hurt anymore than it does now. Jason I miss you so much.