CONDOLENCE SYMPATHY GIFT BASKET
Condolence sympathy gift basket... Practical, comforting, never forgotten
So you have just learned that a good friend has lost a loved one! It's hard to
know just what to do in this situation. The most important thing you can do is
lend your support. It can be very difficult and even awkward to face your friend at this time, but he or she will always remember that you were there.
So take the time and be brave! Go see them in person to express your condolences and give them a hug. You might be surprised to learn that many of his friends and acquaintances feel so uncomfortable with bereavement that they don't even call. Sad but true.
It is most important that the bereaved feel supported and loved at this tragic
time in their life. So show up with a casserole or batch of homemade cookies and let them know you care.
Some situations do not allow for a personal visit (such as distance). In these cases, a phone call is in order, followed by a nice condolence card with a handwritten message or letter.
If you feel like you would want to show a bigger gesture of support, you might consider one of the sympathy gift baskets shown below. The comfort items are carefully selected, packaged attractively, and delivered directly to the recipient. One of these gift packs is sure to be used, appreciated and remembered.
These baskets are appropriate for a woman or a couple. Some are obviously more feminine than others. If you would prefer to send a more neutral gift basket to a couple or family, you might consider one of these: Condolence Food Baskets.
And if you wish to send a gift to a grieving man, try this page: Sympathy Gifts for Men.
Hydro Luxury Spa Experience
Deep relaxation and lasting rejuvenation come together in this luxurious spa collection featuring eucalyptus shampoo and conditioners, herbal lotions, an exfoliating loofa sponge, massaging brushes, shower gel, and deep-cleansing soaps for the face and body, all in a keepsake spa bucket.
Included in this Gift:
- Eucalyptus Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel and Lotion.
- Herbal Hand Cream, Honey Facial Bar and Body Soap.
- Pumice Stone, Loofah, Massage Tools and more.
- A free card is included with your personal message of sympathy.
The Comforting Basket
The Comforting Basket will show your support while at the same time giving a gift that is beautiful and practical. In designing this Gift Basket we have tried to capture a sense of tranquility and peace.
- Beautiful array of silk flowers, ivy and ribbon
- Book "A Time to Grieve; A Time to Heal" by Dr. Criswell Freeman; offers a collection of meaningful quotations and advice.
- Quiet Moments Grief Journal which may help them begin to heal by expressing their thoughts and feelings.
- Sebastian the snuggle bear, a large coffee mug, gourmet Coffee, two Dutch Chocolate Cocoas that read "With Deepest Sympathy", Tea Biscuits, a box of Jumbo Cashews and Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies; all great comfort foods.
Loved Ones Shine Down Sympathy Basket- BESTSELLER
Send this lovely basketbox full of heavenly gifts:
- Beautiful Picture Frame 11 x 8 inches for photo 6 x 4 inches.
- Book: "Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul". Stories About Life, Death and Overcoming the Loss of a Loved One.
- Hooven and Hooven Porceline Stars Set of 3. Hand made in the USA and strung on a silver thread.
- Star Plantable Seed Papers. These beautiful star shaped seed papers with Wildflower seeds and planting material. Poem: "Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy."
- Memory Coin- This lovely gold toned pewter coin is engraved with the quote 'May your loved one SHINE on you' and a cross on the other side. The coin has with the following quote on it: "Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy."
Tree of Life Sympathy Basket
"In the Tree of Life…Our roots are forever intertwined. With their last breath those we have greatly loved do not say good-bye- for love is timeless. Instead, they leave us with a solemn promise - when they are finally at rest in God, they will continue to be present to us whenever they are called upon. Let us not grieve -beyond letting go - for in the Tree of Life their roots and ours are forever intertwined."
- Tree of Life Leather Journal. Made in Florence, Italy, beautifully embossed with a tree of life.
- Book: "Grieving Mindfully". Learn about the spiral staircase, a metaphor used to describe the ebb and flow of emotional pain that typically follow loss; presents strategies for acknowledging death and working to embrace life
- Tree of Life Pewter Ornament by celebrated artist Ken Kantro
- Tree of Life Note Cards. High quality linen finish with a gold foil tree of life design
- Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Nutty Bits. Their dark chocolate nutty bits are a crunch mix of almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, pistachios and sweet toffee.
- Plantable Seed Papers. Plant these seed papers shaped into trees to grow wild flowers in memory of your loved one.
- Super Herb Tea Baobab: Tree of Life leaves with organic mint. The baobab is considerd the "tree of life" for its massive, drought-resistant trunks that provide shade and shelter in Africa. 36 teabags for a delicious, non-caffeine soothing drink. And Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Nutty Bits for a bit of comfort.
Dragonfly Sympathy Basket
The dragonfly is a much loved symbol of transition and new life. This comforting basket provides:
- Waterbugs and Dragonflies Book. This bestselling little book reassures those who grieve that out of their pain can come profound, transforming healing. For all ages; beautifully illustrated.
- Exquisite Dragonfly Design Leather Journal, made in Florence, Italy.
- Plantable Dragonfly seed papers. Plant these 4 dragonfly wildflower seed papers and create a small memorial garden.
- Handmade Dragonfly Soap from Hemlock Springs Soaps.
- Dragonfly Luminary. Wheel thrown, hand carved dragonfly luminary, perfect for either a tealight or with a glass enclosed votive candle.
- Reflections CD - This beautiful original piano music is gentle, peaceful and comforting.
- Dragonfly Pocket Stone. This smooth glass hand made stone measures just 1.5 inches across, but it's substantial enough to hold or grasp in the palm of your hand. Squeeze it for comfort and support at the most difficult of times. Comes with quote:
"I can't return!" he said in dismay. "I tried, but I can't keep my promise. Even if I could go back, not one of the water bugs would know me in my new body. I guess I'll just have to wait until they become dragonflies too. Then they'll understand what happened to me and where I went." And the dragonfly winged off happily into its wonderful new world of sun and air."
Lily of the Valley Memories Basket
The real meaning of Lily of the Valley is 'stairway to heaven", which is why they are often used to comfort loved ones after a loss. Gift basket includes:
- Lily of the Valley Body Lotion: A luxuriously rich body lotion
- Lily of the Valley set of three bars of luxury scented soap
- "The Gift of a Memory Journal" keepsake to commemorate the loss of a loved one, written and illustrated by Marianne Richmond.
- Cherish The Memories Porcelain Heart Ornament. Lovely handmade heart is engraved with "Cherish The Memories".
- "I Am Always With You" Token, silver-plated brass, gift boxed with a card.
Didn't find the perfect gift
on this page?
Try one of these:
Sympathy Gift Baskets (nourishment)
Flowers or Live Plants
Unusual Sympathy Gifts
Sympathy Gifts for Children
Gifts Just for Men
Memorial Picture Frames
Return to Sympathy Gifts
RETURN TO HOME PAGE